Saturday, March 16, 2013

CTMH Bracket Frame

Well, I haven't been around much lately as I've been working on some special projects.  I thought it was finally time to share some of my work.

Awhile back, I bought one of CTMH's Bracket Frames (Z1797.)  I had seen so many lovely projects made using it.  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it but one day, out of the blue, I got the idea to make a 3D Flower Cart.  So off I went with my planning and production and a week later, here are the results.

 
I am not afraid to say that this was quite the endeavor.  Every piece is cut from either the Art Philosophy or Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  For example, the wheels are from the Ferris Wheel key and the actual cart is a box envelope that I folded differently to form the cart.
 


One of the most difficult things I found in trying to complete this project was getting the proportions and sizes of the individual piece correct.  The opening of the frame is only 7 x 7 inches!  Trust me when I say that I went though an entire package of "stock" card stock as I didn't want to waste my good CTMH paper as I was making the pro-type.  Some of the flowers are only 1/4 of an inch! 
 

 
 
As I was planning and working, I realized that in order to make this project look realistic, I had to pay very close attention to the details.  For example, the actual cart was sanded, sponged and then "painted" with Liquid Glass (Z679).  Before it dried, I used a comb and added texture because I wanted to create a wood look.  I cut the edge off of the burlap ribbon (Z1760) to finish off the top of the cart.  Several of the flowers are tone on tone stamped to add texture and I even made a "chalkboard" to advertise the flowers.
 


 
Because I wanted to make this a "3D" project, I had to ensure that it had a realistic look.  Look closely, I built a shelf into the inside of the cart to hold the flower pots.  The umbrella is made from a scalloped circle cut from Artiste and folded it to "stand up" on the project.  The "dracaena spike" was actually cut using the comb on the Artiste cartridge and rolled.  And, those are sparkles and bitty sparkles added to all the centers of the flowers.
 

 
Last but not least, I wanted to decorate the sides of the frame to coordinate with the cart.  The flourishes, leaves and flowers were cut using the Cricut Cartridges.  I hand dyed CTMH embroidery floss with Cotton Candy re-inker to wrap my Spirelli.  Whew....
 
After seeing this, I hope that you can forgive me for not being around for a while.  :o)  Now it's time to continue to work on my monthly card workshop featuring Chantilly.  For Now, Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

Mary said...

Cindy - the amount of detail is just incredible. I love every bit of it. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra Ashley said...

This is a very beautiful work of art. Perfectly put together as is all your work.