Friday, February 15, 2013

Handmade Hello Card using CTMH Avonlea

The more I work with CTMH's Avonlea paper packet, the more I like it.  What beautiful colors.  I have been working on my February Workshop that features Avonlea and working with flourishes and vellum. 

 
Here are a couple sneak peeks at the techniques in this card.  The first are the flourishes.   "The Best Things" (C1503) is comprised of these terrific flourish stamps that are great for accents on your projects.  For this card, I only wanted small portions of the flourish, so I inked the stamp (used Rock and Roll inking with Juniper and Outdoor Denim) and just stamped a portion that would accent the Avonlea paper.  By the way, don't forget, you can stamp on pattern paper as a accent.  The other feature of this card is the vellum mat.  CTMH doesn't sell vellum anymore, but I still like to use it occasionally as it is a terrific accent.  I very lightly scored the edges to make the vellum appear as a frame for the scalloped sentiment.
 
This was a really fun card to put together.  Avonlea has such beautiful colors (think I said that before.)  It features shades of blues and greens which always work so well together.  CTMH makes putting projects together so easy because they have done all the work and matched the solid colors with the pattern papers.  To see all of the terrific CTMH papers, stop by my website.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: